IMPORTANT: Have you ever been both a student and university employee?
Individuals who currently have both a student email account already hosted in Microsoft Office 365 (@email.sc.edu, @email.uscb.edu or @email.usca.edu) and a faculty / staff email account hosted in the enterprise Exchange email system (@mailbox.sc.edu, etc.) are considered special cases and will be the first to be migrated. They may lose access to their faculty / staff (@mailbox.sc.edu) account temporarily during the migration, but will still be available to receive mail at this address. Once the email migration is complete, they will begin using Office 365 for all their email needs.
What should I do prior to my email migration?
ATTENTION: Please consult your local IT support before continuing. If you do not have local
IT support, please refer to the instructions below.
Important actions to take.
- Locate your Office 365 username here. This will be the username you use to login to your Outlook email and Microsoft Office 365 portal.
- Change your Network Username password.
- Remove email items no longer needed. This will ensure your mailbox moves quicker.
- Review the migration status page to find your department's migration date and status.
What do I need to do after my email migration is complete?
If you are running a local installation of 2010/2013/2016 Outlook on a PC or 2011/2016 Outlook on a Mac, you will be able to configure your Outlook client to connect to your Office 365 mailbox. You can also access your email through the Office 365 portal or Outlook Web client.
ATTENTION: Please consult your local IT support before continuing. If you do not have local IT support, please refer to the instructions below.
How to set up email on current Outlook 2013 and 2016 PC clients.
- Click on your Start/Windows button and open Outlook 2016.
- Click Next to set up your Outlook mail client.
- Once you click Next, verify that your O365 username and password are correct, as it
may auto populate. Click Next.
- Your account is now being set up.
- The following window will appear when it is complete. Click Finish and your Outlook
mailbox will open. Note: it will take a bit longer the first time it opens.
How to set up email on current Outlook 2016 Mac clients.
- Open Finder > Applications and then double click Outlook.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Sign In.
- Type your Office 365 username and click Next.
- Choose work or school account.
- Type your university network password and click Sign In.
- Add an account. Verify your O365 username and password.
- You will have to activate the account with your username and password information.
How to set up email using the installation from the Office 365 portal
After migration is complete:
- Install a local copy of Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus to your laptop or desktop.
- Log into mail on mobile devices.
- Log into outlook web app (previously webmail.sc.edu).
- Log into the Office 365 web portal.