BEEN ACCEPTED TO USC?
Now it's time to get down to the business of making your successful transition to the University of South Carolina.
What's first on your list?
- Review the Next Steps enclosed in your acceptance packet.
- Set up your online VIP account — your all-access pass to important USC information and services, including your personal USC email address.
Your Portal to USC
With your account, you'll be able to make payments, apply for housing, check the status of financial aid and scholarships, participate in the Blackboard online learning system and use the Campus Directory to find phone numbers and email address for everyone in the USC community. Click here to download a handbook with step-by-step screen shots and details on the many uses for VIP!
Check off these items as you prepare to start classes:
- Make your enrollment deposit. (FALL FRESHMAN STUDENTS ONLY)
- Sign up for Orientation.
- Review your housing options and submit your housing application.
- Complete and submit the required health and immunization forms.
- Ask your high school counselor to submit your final transcript after you graduate. (FRESHMAN STUDENTS ONLY)
- Submit your college transcript, if applicable.
- Send your AP or IB test scores to USC as soon as they are available. (FRESHMAN STUDENTS ONLY)
- Attend your scheduled summer orientation session on campus and take time to explore what the Columbia area has to offer.
- Contact your new roommate.
- Dig into the summer reading assignment so you'll be ready to participate with all the other new USC students in our First-Year Reading Experience. (FRESHMAN STUDENTS ONLY)
- Make a list of personal items to bring when you move into your USC residence.
- Open a bank account in Columbia.
- Get ready to excel at USC!
South Carolina residents must complete a residency certification form.
International students must contact International Student Services at USC to complete any required citizenship documentation.
We're excited to have you join USC's Gamecock family.
Get started today!
Scored between 1090–1280 SAT or 24–28 ACT
Yes, you're a Very Important Person in the USC community! Be sure to set up your online account through VIP and log in to access key information and services.Go to VIP
With our 25 residence halls and lots of living options, you'll love your life at USC....learn more
Get a smart start on making the successful transition to your new world of educational opportunity....learn more