Start on the path for admission to the University of South Carolina with these steps:
- Request more information about the University, academic programs and majors, housing, tuition costs and financial aid.
- Review admissions requirements and application deadlines.
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Explore financial aid options so you can take advantage of USC's affordable education.
- Prepare to apply, and take a look at our How to Apply guide [PDF format]. Note: Freshman applicants are required to upload an unofficial copy of their high school transcript during the online application process. Students do not need to send a copy of the high school transcript unless the admissions office specifically requests one.
- Apply for admission using our online application.
- Submit required credentials and be sure to meet deadlines.
- Continue to check your credentials as you complete the application process.
Early Answer Decision Week: Dec. 15-19
Throughout the week of December 15, we are releasing decisions via US mail on Summer and Fall 2015 freshman early answer applicants who submitted all required credentials by our October 15 deadline. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions does not release a student’s admission status on the phone, but if you wish to make sure we received all of your admission credentials, please visit https://admissionsonline.sc.edu. We appreciate your interest in USC.
The South Carolina Honors College
Apply to SCHC and join approximately 1,200 of your peers who seek exceptional academic opportunities. Incoming USC first-year honors students rank in the top four percent of their high school classes.
Honors College Class of 2013 profile
- Interquartile high school GPA: 4.5-4.82
- Interquartile SAT score: 1390-1465
- Interquartile ACT score: 31–33
Make sure to review Honors College Requirements before you apply.
Freshman Class (as of Fall 2013)
- Applied: 23,013
- Enrolled: 5,040
- GPA (high school average): 3.97
- SAT range: 1120-1280
- ACT range: 24-29
Capstone Scholars (Class of 2013-2014)
- 759 Capstone Scholars
- SAT range: 1280-1350
- ACT range: 29-31
- GPA (high school average): 4.37
With more than 70 majors in 15 colleges, you can create the USC academic program that meets your needs.
USC Virtual Tour
Explore our historic campus with this virtual tour! Then contact our Visitor Center about touring USC in person....learn more
Review the high school core courses and curriculum that will help prepare you for admission to the University of South Carolina....learn more
AP, IB Credit
Discover how to receive USC credit for Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses....learn more