The Division of Communications, founded in 2010, supports the marketing, public relations, creative services, media relations, Web communications, printing services and government relations needs of The University of South Carolina. A front door for the University, our professionals are eager to connect the public to the University and its many programs, services and opportunities.
The Vice President of Communications is responsible for coordinating the Division's activities. The Vice President serves as a strategist on communications needs and is a member of the senior leadership team, dedicated to advancing the University of South Carolina and ensuring a high quality education for its many students and campuses.
Goals for the Division over the next several years include:
- Develop an integrated marketing communications plan that will enhance and make consistent the University of South Carolina brand;
- Create and launch a new Web branding system and redesign;
- Build and grow a comprehensive state relations plan that connects USC effectively to our elected officials;
- Develop and launch a comprehensive graphic identity system;
- Further build USC's reputation nationally through a strategic national media relations and social media strategy; and
- Lead and develop a strong team of leaders who problem solve solutions, grow the University's national reputation and create a culture of creativity, risk taking and acceptance in all that the Division pursues.