The Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR) has initiated new efforts to support faculty working on large-scale grant proposals through its Research and Grant Development division. Research and Grant Development serves USC faculty and staff seeking guidance during the pursuit of external funding. Among the services offered are:
- facilitating project team meetings to clarify project goals, implementation plans, and budget
- managing proposal schedule and communications among the project team
- assisting with non-technical parts and supporting parts of the proposal including facilities statements, collecting and formatting CVs, current and pending support forms, conflict of interest lists, and other forms required from each researcher
- helping with budget preparation and justification, including coordinating budget preparation with subcontracting institutions
- drafting and organizing letters of support from USC officials and partner organization officials, including securing signatures.
Interested investigators need to complete a Proposal Development Request Form and return it via e-mail to Beth Herron. Decisions regarding proposal assistance will be made by the VPR. Proposals must be significant in scope, collaborative, and multi-investigator, including (but not limited to) Center Grants, Program Projects, Shared Equipment, Training grants and Infrastructure Grants.
Additionally, support must be sought at least 30 days prior to the project deadline, but longer lead time is encouraged strongly and priority will be given to proposals as they are received by Research and Grant Development.