"AMPLIFY! LIFE" - Grab Life by the Phone
See registration procedures and cost (if applicable). If you need special accommodations, please contact Lydia Durham at Lydia.Durham@uscmed.sc.edu or (803)935-5263. If possible, please make your requests a week before the training.
NOTE: The Center for Disability Resources has a fragrance-free policy. Please do not wear perfume or strongly scented lotion when attending workshops.
THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Date: Tuesday, November 19th, 2013
Time: 9:00am – 11:00am
Assistive Technology Resource Center,
8301 Farrow Road, Columbia, SC
Jordyn Funderburk, Equipment and Outreach Specialist
South Carolina Equipment Distribution Program (SCEDP)
SCEDP is a state supported, non-income based program administered by the SC Office of Regulatory Staff.
SCEDP is aware of the daily challenges facing individuals who are hearing or speech impaired. Telecommunications equipment distributed by SCEDP is carefully chosen to cover various needs and is distributed at no cost to qualifying South Carolinians. Qualifying disabilities are: hard-of-hearing, deaf, deaf-blind, blind/low vision with hearing loss, or speech impaired.
- Learn the procedure to apply for telecommunications equipment available through SCEDP.
- Have the opportunity to have hands-on use of the various pieces of telecommunications equipment distributed by SCEDP.
- Learn about hearing loss and how it affects everyone involved in that individual’s life.
Emphasis is placed on helping individuals become more independent through use of this free, state supported program. SCEDP classes are presented on PowerPoint to facilitate a stress-free learning environment for attendees who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
ASL interpreters are available upon request.
Attendance is limited to 15.
Cost: There is no fee to register for this class, but pre-registration is required.
To register for this workshop:
- Complete the Amplify Life! Grab Life by the Phone online registration form.
- For questions, call Will McCain at (803) 935-5004 or Lydia Durham at (803) 935-5263 or 800-915-4522.