The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Analytics (OIRAA) collects and reports system-wide institutional data to support internal planning
processes and meet external reporting requirements at the state and federal level.
The office is committed to a high degree of integration among planning, assessment,
and institutional research in order for the university to maintain excellence in teaching,
research and public service.
- Manages the assessment processes necessary to maintain accreditation for USC Columbia and Palmetto College
- Provides system-wide institutional data and assessment findings for external reporting
- Submits accountability reports, that help the university to evaluate its performance over the year and determine adjustments indicated in goals and initiatives, to the South Carolina State Department of Administration to be reviewed by the governor and general assembly
- Submits data reports to the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education for inclusion in the annual Higher Education Statistical Abstract
- Submits data reports to the United States Department of Education for inclusion in the Integrated Postsecondary Educational Data System (IPEDS) database
- Provides system-wide institutional data and findings from research and assessment to support institutional planning processes
- Maintains official enrollment reports for previous terms and preliminary enrollment reports for the current term
- Publishes the annual fact book
- Supports a table generator which produces customizable reports of enrollment and degrees
Sabrina Andrews, Executive Director
Donald Miles, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation