TAO: Self-Enroll Self-Help
Want to have access to ONLY the practice tools and modules? Completely self-directed with no contact from a mental health professional, TAO: Self-Enroll Self-Help is available. Learn how to manage stress, practice mindfulness, engage in mental wellness and more by utilizing TAO Self-Enroll Self-Help.
Students who have accessibility concerns with the online registration links should contact the Office of Disability Services at 424-8060, email Brandon Simpson for assistance, or make an appointment: calendly.com/bsimpson-1914
In order to receive the assistance you may need, ODS first requires that you self-identify as a student with a disability. Once you have self-identified and provided our office with the appropriate documentation of your disability, ODS will determine if you qualify to register as a student with a disability. Upon registration, ODS will then determine if you will receive accommodations for your disability. Accommodations are approved on a case by case basis, and are governed by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and/or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Documentation requirements are specific to the disability, but in general documentation must be from a physician, licensed psychologist, or other person(s) licensed to make the diagnosis. These guidelines help determine what accommodations, if any, will be made, and are based on the disability and its impact on your major life functions. In order to ensure that you obtain the specific documentation required, the Office of Disability Services recommends that you print the online guidelines and present them to the qualified professional providing your documentation.
Complete The Steps
The list below provides the information you need to register as a student with a disability. Once you have registered, you will meet with ODS staff to determine your accommodations. ODS requests that you register at least four weeks prior to the first day of class in order to ensure we are able to provide you with the best service possible.
- Step 1 - Complete the online USC Union Disability Services Request for services. Please be as specific as possible when completing the form.
- Step 2 - ODS will contact you to schedule an appointment once we have received your online Request for Services. You will need to bring your documentation to this appointment, and services will be determined based on the documentation you provide. A follow-up appointment will be scheduled to provide you with your Accommodations Plan.
- Step 3 - ODS will provide you with your Accommodations Plan and discuss the plan with you. You will need to sign the plan, and your Accommodations Letters will be emailed to your professors before the first day of class.
- Step 4 - You will need to attend classes as scheduled and discuss your accommodations with your professor. You will need to maintain contact with ODS for test proctoring and other follow-up services.
- Step 5 - Faculty Notification Letter (link to form)