Skip to Content

My USC Union

Financial Aid

There are a number of ways to pay for your college education, including financial aid and loans. We encourage you to explore all your options.



How to Apply

The Palmetto College Central Financial Aid Office is a centralized resource for students attending any of the four Palmetto College campuses. On their website, you can find out about how to apply, the types of available aid, forms and certifications.

The following links will help you navigate Self Service Carolina.

How To Review and Accept Your Loans

How To Claim Your VIP ID

Veterans Benefits

All new students must apply for veteran’s benefits through the VA website. If you are a transfer student who has used VA Benefits previously, you must complete a form to change schools. There are various programs for service men and women in and out of the military and their spouses and dependents to help towards the cost of tuition and fees. 

See your military counselor and also apply for VA Benefits online. Please provide the USC Union Financial Aid Office and VA Counselor a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  Please be advise that there is a limit to what one may qualify for in terms of VA assistance.  All students are encourage to submit a FAFSA every October 1st and Scholarship Applications March 1st.

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study Program provides students with financial need part-time employment to assist with the costs of postsecondary education. Hourly wages must not be less than the federal minimum wage. To receive FWS, a degree-seeking student should complete a FAFSA application to determine eligibility.

First Responder Scholarship Agreement

All first responders who attend classes at USC Union or the Laurens Location and do so in uniform may quality for the scholarship. This program provides a mechanism to increase the presence and public awareness of uniformed first responder's personnel on campus.