CBC Student Writing Contest
Deadline to Enter: April 5, 2024
Enter the Moore School Center for Business Communication (CBC) Student Writing Award for the opportunity to win a cash prize and advance to the Association for Business Communication (ABC) Student Competition.
- Draft an entry to the ABC 2024 Student Case (https://www.businesscommunication.org/page/student-writing-contest).
- Visit the CBC for a consultation to perfect your message
- Email your final, polished submission as a pdf to email@example.com by April 5
The best entries will be selected by CBC faculty and awarded the following prizes:
- 1st place $250
- Plus, we will forward your entry to the ABC Student Competition.
- Should you win at the international level, we will also provide travel assistance to the conference in Denver next October.
- 2nd place $150
- 3rd place $100
This competition is an excellent opportunity to showcase your business writing skills with the potential of a monetary award and an impressive line on your resume. All undergraduate business majors are encouraged to apply.
For more information, contact Bethany Tisdale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CBC Is Here to Help
Most experienced writers will typically ask a second reader for feedback on their work. Whatever your current level of writing ability, these are some of the things we can help you with:
- Writing for your classes
- Organizing and rehearsing presentations
- Working on team projects
- Using business formats (e.g., letters, memos, etc.)
- Citing references
- Proofreading and editing your own work
- Brainstorming ideas
- Making your writing “flow”
- Conquering procrastination and writer's block
- Developing slide decks and other visual aids
- Communicating effectively in English for non-native English speakers