- The Center for Teaching Excellence is looking for excellent candidates to fill several open positions.
Call for Applications
Instructional Designer / Curriculum Coordinator II (Two Positions Available)
(Application Deadline: March, 21, 2013)
Center for Teaching Excellence
University of South Carolina
Are you enthusiastic about assisting faculty with the design, development, and implementation of distributed learning courses and course modules? If so, you may be qualified to join the Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of South Carolina as an Instructional Designer. The CTE supports a university culture that values and rewards excellent undergraduate and graduate teaching. We are pleased to now expand our successful team of instructional designers specializing in distributed learning. These positions will support faculty on the USC Columbia and Regional campuses in the creation and/or use of best practices for distributed learning courses, especially fully online and blended courses, as well as instructional multimedia and Web course management systems. Job duties include the following:
- • Designing: Consult with faculty on course design and implementation to incorporate best practices and theories of instruction to achieve learning outcomes for existing and new distributed learning courses.
- • Developing: Design and create technology-enabled assignments and learning activities to demonstrate mastery of course outcomes.
- • Creating: Produce and edit original media, convert a variety of materials into appropriate digital formats, and incorporate artistic and innovative styles.
- • Training: Provide opportunities for faculty development in various aspects of distance and distributed learning through workshops, seminars and tutorials.
- • Learning: Maintain competency in new developments in distributed learning and apply this knowledge to other job duties.
Master's degree and one year of related work experience is required. One year of experience in course development for distributed learning in higher education is preferred. This position requires experience with current and emerging instructional technologies and pedagogies and with developing Web-based multimedia instructional components. Knowledge of the BlackBoard learning management system and quality assessment rubrics such as Quality Matters or Sloan-C is preferred. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work across disciplines with diverse clientele. The position also requires attentiveness to detail, the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks, and the ability to work productively as part of a team. Candidates must also have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with university faculty, staff, and students.
These 12-month classified staff positions will have salaries commensurate with experience, starting at a range of $44,000 - $54,000 per year, plus benefits.
To apply, locate Requisition Number 005840 on the Human Resources Website by visiting https://uscjobs.sc.edu/. Applicants must submit a cover letter, a resume or CV, and a list of three references. Applicants may also submit a sample of description of their work in distributed learning course design and development.
The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For additional information about the Center for Teaching Excellence, visit http://www.sc.edu/cte.