AT Resource, Demonstration, Equipment Loan Center
The SC AT Resource, Demonstration, Equipment Loan Center is located at Midlands Center on 8301 Farrow Road in Columbia. You can see and try many different kinds of assistive technology for employment, education and daily living.
The SCATP AT Resource Center is open to people with disabilities, their families, teachers, therapists, service coordinators, and students. Call to discuss your AT questions with one of our staff members. An appointment can be made for a demonstration, or we can send you a form for equipment loan. We do not do formal assistive technology assessments, although we provide consultations to AT teams on a limited basis. Our center shows many examples of aids for daily living, adapted toys and switches, communication devices, electronic aids for daily living, adapted computer hardware and software, sensory aids, videos, and books.
- We provide demonstration/consultation services to Assistive Technology Teams. This means we will demonstrate devices and consult with the individual with disabilities, and his or her speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist, vision itinerant, teacher, special education teacher, service coordinator, parents, and/or spouse.
- What to expect from an Assistive Technology demonstration/consultation: We will guide the individual with a disability and the Assistive Technology Team through the decision-making process. A variety of assistive technology equipment and software will be available during the consultation.
- We do not conduct formal evaluations.
- There is no charge for a consultation.
- Demonstrations/consultations are provided by appointment.
Driving Directions: www.sc.edu/scatp/directions.htm
More information about the Device Loan Center
For more information call: 803-935-5263 or email Lydia Durham at Lydia.Durham@uscmed.sc.edu
We are in the process of compiling information about other AT centers in the state. If you would like to complete our survey, contact Carol Page at Carol.Page@uscmed.sc.edu. Click below for a list of other centers.