Legal Considerations for Accessibility Webinar
See registration procedures and cost (if applicable). If you need special accommodations, please contact Lydia Durham at Lydia.Durham@uscmed.sc.edu or (803)935-5263. If possible, please make your requests a week before the training.
NOTE: The Center for Disability Resources has a fragrance-free policy. Please do not wear perfume or strongly scented lotion when attending workshops.
Legal Considerations for Web and Information Technology Accessibility
Thursday December 5, 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Location: Webinar (logon information will be sent)
Robin Wheeler, Attorney, Access to Justice
Janet Jendron, SC ATAC Web Accessibility Committee Chair
Understanding the myths and realities of US law is important when it comes to web accessibility.
This webinar will cover
- People and devices affected by poorly designed web sites
- Broad concepts on how to make your site both accessible and usable
- State and Federal requirements for accessibility.
- Suits/complaints brought against agencies and companies
We'll also cover the following laws:
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act - ADA
- Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act - IDEA
- Section 255 of the Telecommunications Act
To register for this workshop:
- Complete the Legal Considerations for Accessibility online registration form.
- For questions, call Will McCain at (803) 935-5004 or Lydia Durham at (803) 935-5263 or 800-915-4522.