When it comes to finding a summer clerkship or a job after graduation, we'll help you every step of the way. We offer:
- Career interest assessment to determine preferred practice areas and settings
- Individual counseling to explore career options and plan job search strategies
- Resume, cover letter, and professional communication instruction and review
- Instructional programs regarding professional development and job search skills
- Mock Interviews
- Opportunities to network with alumni and employers across job settings and locations
- Job postings
- On- and off-campus interviews
- Judicial clerkship application assistance and advising
- Collaboration with student organizations on career-related initiatives
- Resume and cover letter samples, interview guides, and additional career-related materials
- Current job market information for J.D. and J.D.-advantage careers
Additional information can be found at My Law School Career Services.
You may request reciprocity with a participating law school in your geographical area of interest to obtain services from their career services office. You may only request reciprocity from one law school in a region. Please contact the Office of Career Services to initiate this request. Read our reciprocity policy.
We maintain relationships with local, regional, and national employers. We provide on- and off-campus interview programs, resume collections, job postings, and opportunities to reach out to our students and graduates for summer and post-graduate employment. Employers may connect with us by calling 803-777-8479 or through the Employer Services Portal. Here, you can:
Employment support doesn't stop when you graduate. We serve alumni in their own career transitions as well as with their hiring needs as employers. Nearly 11,000 South Carolina Law alumni live and work across the United States and abroad. Alumni are resources for students seeking career connections in the practice areas, job settings, and locations that interest them.
You can post a position or register for on-campus interviews on our employer services page.
Or, if you are looking for a job, please see our Alumni Job Opportunities Bulletin [pdf] for available positions and links to useful job search websites.
If you need other career advice, we encourage you to contact us at 803-777-8479 to schedule an appointment.
American Bar Association Graduate Employment Summaries
- Employment Summary for 2016 graduates [pdf]
- Employment Summary for 2015 graduates [pdf]
- Employment Summary for 2014 graduates [pdf]
- Employment Summary for 2013 graduates [pdf]
National Association of Law Placement (NALP) Employment Reports