Prior to Each Semester
Students will be notified that their university fees need to be paid.
The quickest way to pay your bill:
- Go to my.sc.edu.
- Select the "Account Information" tab.
- Add money to your CarolinaCash account.
If you elect to send a check to the Bursar's Office, there is a chance your deposit could be delayed, as it will need to be processed manually.
You can make deposits online through CarolinaCard Online. Online deposits will be posted to your account within five minutes, seven days a week.
After Your First Payment Each Semester
- Add money to your CarolinaCash account at the CarolinaCard office located in the Russell House Underground.
- Call in credit card deposits by calling our office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.
- 5 p.m.
- CarolinaCash can be added at any automatic deposit machine. These are located in several
areas on campus:
- BA Library, on the 2nd floor of the Darla Moore School of Business
- Thomas Cooper Library, on the entrance level next to the copiers
- Law Library
- Russell House, on the first floor by the lobby entrance to the bookstore
- Bates House, first floor
- Check deposits also can be mailed to:
University of South Carolina
1400 Greene Street
Columbia, SC 29208
All funds added to your CarolinaCard roll over semester to semester and year to year.
- After the first 30 days of classes, meal plans and CarolinaCash that have been paid for by 5 p.m. on any weekday will be available by 8 p.m. of the same day.
- Payments made between Friday at 5 p.m. and Monday at 5 p.m., will be posted the next day by 8 p.m.
- Summer deposits will be available at the end of May.
- CarolinaCash will load to your CarolinaCard 10 days prior to the first day of class.
Checking Your Balance
Where to obtain information about your account:
- Our office
- CarolinaCard Online
- GET Mobile app
- Automatic deposit machine
Due to federal regulations, we cannot provide account balances over the phone nor can we provide this information to anyone except the cardholder without written consent.
Refunds & Withdrawals
CarolinaCash rolls forward every year until graduation. Requests for refunds from your CarolinaCard are granted for graduation, end of semester and withdrawal from the university.
CarolinaCash funds left in your account longer than 180 days after graduation or withdrawal from the university are forfeited and become the property of the University of South Carolina.
Carolina Dining meal plans and meal plan monies do not roll forward.
Meal plans can be changed until the close of business on the Friday at the end of the first full week of classes. After this time, refunds for meal plans can only be requested if you withdraw from the university.
Students who are suspended from the university by the Office of Student Conduct will not receive a refund.
No refunds will be issued for account balances of $25.00 or less. A $20.00 check processing
fee will be charged for all refunds. Please allow approximately four to six weeks
for any refund to be processed.
Refund Request Form »