Services we provide for faculty
- Provide resources to assist in the development of community engaged research and partnerships
- Assist in developing community engaged teaching and learning curriculum, e.g., service/experiential-learning courses
- Help find potential community partners and build reciprocal partnerships
- Assist with program evaluation and assessment, in addition capturing relevant data around your project that could help with developing your end oy year reports.
Services we provide for the community
- Connect members of the broader community with University of South Carolina resources,
The Carnegie Foundation defines community engagement as "collaboration between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity. The purpose of community engagement is the partnership of college and university knowledge and resources with those of the public and private sectors to enrich scholarship, research, and creative activity; enhance curriculum, teaching and learning; prepare educated, engaged citizens; strengthen democratic values and civic responsibility; address critical societal issues; and contribute to the public good."