Mandatory Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training
Starting October 2018, mandatory Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training
will be required at the University of South Carolina for all university employees
system-wide. It covers the university policies, laws and procedures that address discrimination
- You will receive a link via email to access online training.
- In addition to the mandatory Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training module, there will be two optional training modules.
- Estimates vary; however, it may take you 2 to 4 hours to complete the mandatory training module. The module does not have to be completed in one session. You can save your work throughout the course and return to finish at another time.
- Deadline for completion is December 15, 2018
A printable certificate is embedded at the end of each training. Please print the
certificates for the modules you complete and present them to your supervisor by December
- Illegal Discrimination and Harassment training, including follow-up videos on How to File Complaints and Am I a Mandatory Reporter (mandatory)
- Diversity and inclusion training (recommended)
- Clery training (recommended)
Why It's Required
The university is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inspiring environment
for all our students, faculty and staff members — one that is free of unlawful discrimination
Access Training Modules
Beginning October 8, you can access your training modules, which must be completed by December 15. Please refer to our FAQs for additional information.