BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BCBSSC) Foundation Grants
The Offices of the Vice President for Research and Corporate and Foundation Philanthropy are pleased to solicit pre-proposals for the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BCBSSC) Foundation. The mission of the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation is to promote and support healthier South Carolinians, particularly the economically vulnerable, by supporting solutions to address gaps in health care and serving as an agent of change to support innovation and value-added public-private partnerships.
As outlined on their website ( https://www.bcbsscfoundation.org/health-focused-grants), BCBSSC Foundation makes grants in five areas of focus:
1.Access to Care
2.Building a Stronger Workforce for Health
3.Improving the Quality and Value of Health and Health Care
4.Investing in the Health and Well-being of SC Children and Families
Additionally, the Foundation currently is prioritizing projects related to (with emphasis on disadvantaged populations):
- Value-based care, including providing transportation, access to food, and other wrap-around services.
- Infant mortality among African-Americans
- Adverse childhood experiences
Principal Investigators must be full-time University of South Carolina employees.
Proposals should include a discussion of cost-savings (when appropriate) and address the overarching question SO WHAT? The BCBSSC Foundation only accepts a limited number of LOIs from USC per funding cycle. The USC internal deadline for this Call for Proposals is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
Please note your Letter of Intent should be no more than 2 pages and must clearly outline how the proposed initiative will impact improved access to healthcare and the overall health of economically disadvantaged populations. The following information must be included:
- Project description, including health needs of the population served, project activities and anticipated results/measurement of outcomes
- Timetable for implementation
- Total number of people reached, including percentage of economically disadvantaged
- Project total budget amount, request amount, proposed use of funds, and any additional sources of support
- Address, phone number and e-mail address for the Principal Investigator
Please e-mail your LOI as a PDF file to Beth Herron by 5 pm on the deadline date (July 17).
For questions, please contact Beth Herron in the Research and Grant Development Office at 777-2885 or email@example.com or Jennifer McCormack in Corporate and Foundation Relations at 777-5076 or firstname.lastname@example.org