DOE/ESTABLISHED PROGRAM TO STIMULATE COMPETITIVEDE- RESEARCH (DOE EPSCOR) IMPLEMENTATION GRANTS FOA-0002913
Sponsor: DOEInternal Deadline: 01/09/2023Institutional Submission Limit: 1Sponsor Deadline: 01/25/2023Program WebsiteDOE/ESTABLISHED PROGRAM TO STIMULATE COMPETITIVEDE-
RESEARCH (DOE EPSCOR) IMPLEMENTATION GRANTS FOA-0002913
DOE’s Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) program earlier this week announced its interest in receiving applications for Implementation Grants.
Grants awarded under this program are intended to improve research capability through the support of a group of scientists and engineers, including undergraduate students, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows, working on a common scientific theme in one or more EPSCoR jurisdictions.
These awards are not appropriate mechanisms to provide support for individual faculty science and technology research projects.
While the academic, non-profit and industrial research communities are welcome to lead or to participate in applications, a strong component of student education in research is required for all applicants.
The objectives of the DOE Implementation Grants are to:
• Jumpstart capability development in the jurisdiction(s) through increased human and technical resources and research capacity development including equipment and instrumentation.
• Support a group of researchers working on a common scientific theme, with mutually supporting goals and objectives.
• When topically relevant to the subject matter of the application, promote collaborations with other institutions of higher education and industry with strong participation by students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior faculty from EPSCoR eligible institutions. These collaborations may include institutions from other EPSCoR jurisdictions.
Collaboration with National Labs is encouraged, but not required.
USC can only submit one pre-application to this competition. To be considered, please submit the following to Beth Herron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by Monday, January 9 at 5 pm:
• A title page with the PI name and contact information; the title of the proposed and the relevant topic areas.
• A three-page clear and concise description of the objectives and technical approach of the proposed research. This may not exceed three pages, when printed using standard letter-size (8.5 inch x 11 inch) paper with 1-inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right). The font must not be smaller than 11 point. Figures and references, if included, must fit within the three-page limit.
• An NSF-formatted biosketch for the PI and any other key UofSC personnel.
The full RFP is here: https://science.osti.gov/bes/-/media/grants/pdf/foas/2023/SC_FOA_0002913.pdf.
Please contact Beth Herron for any questions.
The external deadline for the pre-proposals is January 25, 2023. We will make decisions for the internal competition as quickly as possible.