Enjoy the ultimate Gamecock celebration
UofSC’s annual Homecoming week is for past, present, and future Gamecocks to come together and celebrate all things garnet and black! Throughout the week, free events pop up all over campus and the surrounding areas to provide fun opportunities for everyone to enjoy. Gamecocks are known for showing school spirit all year, but Homecoming week is when we are prouder than ever! The celebration also includes an an action-packed weekend of alumni events, too.
Homecoming 2022 Calendar
- Cockstock featuring T-Pain
- Doors open at 7 p.m. Show starts at 8 p.m. at the Colonial Life arena
- All UofSC Columbia students can request their free student ticket through the email sent by the Gamecock Student Ticket office - first come first served!
- Banner Painting
- 12-3 p.m. in the Russell House Ballroom
- Want to show off your school pride AND artistic talent? Stop by with your organization, your friends, or just yourself and paint a banner for this year’s Homecoming theme! All supplies are provided.
- Kick-off Carnival
- 5-8 p.m. on Davis Field
- Join UofSC Homecoming for a fun night full of free food, games, music, and UofSC merch! Bring your friends and celebrate the official start to the Homecoming week of events.
- Powderpuff Football Tournament
- 6:30 p.m. on the STWFC Fields
- Do you have what it takes to play Gamecock football? Now’s your chance to prove it and win prizes! Grab some friends or sign up your organization for a student flag football tournament Tuesday night on the Intramural Fields, right behind STWFC.
- Hip Hop Wednesday
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on Greene St
- Hip Hop is taking over Greene St once again this Wednesday! Come out and grab some food, hang out with friends, and listen to great music from one of our favorite DJs.
- Spurs & Struts
- 6-8 p.m. at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
- What shows off athletics more than a student dance competition? Doors open at 5:30 p.m., so be sure to come early to grab a seat and watch the organizations you love break it down on stage.
- NPHC Stroll-Off
- 6-9 p.m. at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
- As one of Homecoming’s annual traditions, the NPHC Stroll-Off is a must-see! Come on out and cheer on the members of the NPHC organizations as they compete to be this year’s champion!
- 9 p.m.-12 a.m. at Blatt PE Center
- Ready to be spooked? Visit Blatt PE Center the Thursday of Halloweek for a night of thrills and fun, including a haunted house and free spooky snacks. Company optional, costumes highly encouraged!
- Paint the Town Garnet and Black Block Party
- 5-10 p.m. in Five Points
- Meet us at the Five Points Mural Lot Friday afternoon to close out the most spirited week of the year! Complete with food, live music, games, UofSC swag, and all of your favorite local businesses, this is one party you won’t want to miss.
- Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers football game at Williams-Brice Stadium
- Homecoming Tailgate with SAPE
- Join us on Greene St. for the official tailgate of UofSC Homecoming! Starting 4 hours before kickoff, we will have free food and soda, exciting giveaways, and shuttles straight to Williams-Brice.
Homecoming 2023 Recruitment
All applications open October 31
Executive Board applications close November 4 at 11:59 PM
Leadership Team applications close November 10 at 11: 59 PM
President — The UofSC Homecoming Commission President is responsible for leading the Vice Presidents, Leadership Team, and the overall UofSC student community in planning and executing the Homecoming week of events.
Vice President of Events — The Vice President of Events is responsible overseeing all Event Directors and assisting them in the execution of all Homecoming events.
Vice President of Marketing & Communications — The Vice President of Communication & Marketing is responsible for overseeing the Marketing Director, Social Media Director, Engagement Director, and Sponsorship Director. The Vice President of Communication & Marketing is also responsible for creating a cohesive marketing plan for Homecoming which includes the advertising of the Week of Events, recruitment, and UofSC Homecoming branding.
Event Director(s) —Event Directors plan and execute the various events selected by the Homecoming Commission after the theme and schedule have been determined. Event Directors will provide oversight for the event(s) to which they’re assigned, as well as support to the other events taking place during Homecoming Week.
Marketing Director —The Marketing Director is responsible for creating a plan for how to market Homecoming Events that is both innovative and creative while reaching as many students as possible. This director should utilize their knowledge of the student body to target the audience in creative ways, that is reflective or the current trends for students. The Marketing Director will work cooperatively with the Social Media Director to fulfill the marketing vision of the VP of Communications & Marketing. The Marketing Director will also work collaboratively with the Event Directors to plan marketing events in the months leading up to the week of Homecoming.
Social Media Director—The Social Media Director is responsible for Homecoming’s presence on social media and for creating a plan to cement Homecoming in student’s social media outlets. This director will create content for and utilize trending social media platforms that are relevant to the UofSC student body. The Social Media Director will work cooperatively with the Marketing Director to fulfill the marketing vision of the VP of Communications & Marketing.
Engagement Director —The Engagement Director is responsible for connecting homecoming to student organizations/residence halls/individual students by reaching out for their participation in both the Homecoming Commission and events. This position is also responsible for the rules and regulations for competition events (if applicable). This individual also works to promote and increase diversity and inclusion within Homecoming participation.
Sponsorship Director —The Sponsorship Director is responsible for creating new innovative and creative ways to engage sponsors for Homecoming events including but not limited to soliciting food, free swag, in-kind donations, etc.