Enjoy the ultimate Gamecock celebration
UofSC students past, present and future come from all different places, religions, and cultures, but there's one thing we all have in common: We are Gamecocks. Homecoming Week is a campus-wide celebration complete with nightly events, service projects and more. The celebration also includes an action-packed weekend of alumni events, too.
Homecoming 2022 applications are live now!
All applications open October 18, 2021
Executive Board applications close November 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Leadership Team applications close November 7, 2021 at 11: 59 PM
President — The UofSC Homecoming Commission President is responsible for leading the Vice Presidents, Leadership Team, and the overall UofSC student community in planning and executing the Homecoming week of events.
Vice President of Events — The Vice President of Events is responsible overseeing all Event Directors and assisting them in the execution of all Homecoming events.
Vice President of Marketing & Communications — The Vice President of Communication & Marketing is responsible for overseeing the Marketing Director, Social Media Director, Engagement Director, and Sponsorship Director. The Vice President of Communication & Marketing is also responsible for creating a cohesive marketing plan for Homecoming which includes the advertising of the Week of Events, recruitment, and UofSC Homecoming branding.
Event Director(s) —Event Directors plan and execute the various events selected by the Homecoming Commission after the theme and schedule have been determined. Event Directors will provide oversight for the event(s) to which they’re assigned, as well as support to the other events taking place during Homecoming Week.
Marketing Director —The Marketing Director is responsible for creating a plan for how to market Homecoming Events that is both innovative and creative while reaching as many students as possible. This director should utilize their knowledge of the student body to target the audience in creative ways, that is reflective or the current trends for students. The Marketing Director will work cooperatively with the Social Media Director to fulfill the marketing vision of the VP of Communications & Marketing. The Marketing Director will also work collaboratively with the Event Directors to plan marketing events in the months leading up to the week of Homecoming.
Social Media Director—The Social Media Director is responsible for Homecoming’s presence on social media and for creating a plan to cement Homecoming in student’s social media outlets. This director will create content for and utilize trending social media platforms that are relevant to the UofSC student body. The Social Media Director will work cooperatively with the Marketing Director to fulfill the marketing vision of the VP of Communications & Marketing.
Engagement Director —The Engagement Director is responsible for connecting homecoming to student organizations/residence halls/individual students by reaching out for their participation in both the Homecoming Commission and events. This position is also responsible for the rules and regulations for competition events (if applicable). This individual also works to promote and increase diversity and inclusion within Homecoming participation.
Sponsorship Director —The Sponsorship Director is responsible for creating new innovative and creative ways to engage sponsors for Homecoming events including but not limited to soliciting food, free swag, in-kind donations, etc.
Homecoming 2021 Calendar
- Carolina Takes Flight - 11AM - 2PM on Greene Street
- Get ready for the trip of a lifetime with UofSC Homecoming! Grab a passport and join us on Greene Street where you can fold origami, grab some cool souvenirs, listen to international music, and even win free merch like UofSC bucket hats. You might even find an international landmark to take a picture with! The world will never be the same after UofSC and its students take flight.
- UofSC Lawn Game Olympics - 6 - 8PM on ST Wellness and Fitness and Center Fields
- Come out to the first-ever UofSC Lawn Game Olympics hosted by DJ iAM! Student pairs will compete against each other in five classic lawn games to win prizes and earn medals!
- Grab n' Globe: Let Your Taste Buds Take Flight! - 11AM - 2PM on Davis Fields
- Let your taste buds take flight! Come to Davis Field to get a taste of the world and sample foods from different countries, including Italy and Greece.
- Salsa Showdown - 7 - 9PM in the Russell House Ballroom
- Join UofSC Homecoming in Russel house ballroom for a two-hour fun-filled event full of salsa dancing and salsa tasting. Come learn classic salsa dance from world-renown salsa instructors and then satisfy your taste buds with salsa from all over Columbia. May the showdown of the salsa bring out the best of UofSC students salsa skills and the savory flavors of Columbia’s salsas!
- Hip Hop Wednesday hosted by OMSA - 11AM - 2PM on Greene Street
- Back on another Wednesday in Spooky October, come join students, staff, and organizations on Greene street with Hip Hop music. Come out and prepare for Young Nudy's Friday Cockstock performance with giveaways and great music!
- Spurs & Struts - 6 - 8PM at the Convention Center
- Spurs and Struts is taking over the world! The event will be at the Convention Center with a live stream. Doors will open at 5:30 so come watch all your favorite organizations dance their way around the globe. Live stream link will also be provided.
- Cafe de Carolina - 9 - 11AM on Greene Street
- Start your morning off right with free delicious pasties and hot coffee on Green Street! There is also a chance for you to play games and win gift cards!
- Step Show - 6 - 9PM at the Convention Center
- UofSC Student Night at the Fair - 6 - 11PM at the Fairgrounds
- Enjoy a (free) night at the South Carolina State Fair! Shuttles will be running from 6-11PM and will pick up and drop off at the UofSC Horseshoe. Tickets and food vouchers will be first come, first serve. You must ride the shuttles to receive your ticket.
- Destination: UofSC - 12 - 2PM on Greene Street
- Join us for our arrival of the week, landing where it all began on Greene St. Come drop off your passports from the week to be entered to win our Homecoming gift basket! There will be music, swag and fun gearing up for tonight's Cockstock performance.
- Cockstock - 8 - 10PM on ST Wellness and Fitness and Center Fields
- Cockstock is back and better than ever! Our featured artist for Cockstock 2021 is Young Nudy! Young Nudy is most famous for his song "Hell Shell" and had performed at many different festivals, including Rolling Loud. Make sure to check him out on his social media @Youngnudy and his music is available on all platforms. Doors will open at 7pm and the concert will start at 8pm.
The concert will be held on Strom Intramural Fields, which is directly behind the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center. It is a FREE concert for students, faculty and staff with a valid Carolina Card. No outside guest and/or non-students will be admitted into the event.
You must have your Carolina Card in order to enter the event. Clear Bag Policy will be in effect. No blankets, outside food or drink is permitted into the venue.
The event is collaboration made possible by Carolina Productions, Student Government, UofSC Homecoming, BOND, RHA, and AAAS.
Gamecocks vs. Vanderbilt football game at Williams-Brice Stadium