Skip to Content

Student Conduct and Academic Integrity

Records Check

Most professional schools, graduate programs and high-security jobs require student applicants to provide academic and judicial records as part of the application process.  

Disciplinary Records Check

Begin the process of requesting your records by completing the Disciplinary Records Check Form. You must also include a copy of your government issued ID or Carolina Card for our office to complete your request. 


A disciplinary reference check can take up to 10 days, so be mindful of your application deadline. Once the form is completed and signed, our office will return it directly to the institution to which you are applying.

When filling out the Disciplinary Records Check Request, you will be asked to indicate how you would like the form returned. Provide either a fax number for the requesting institution or email address. You will also be asked to include your student ID number on the form. If you are unsure of your ID number, you can find it on the back of your Carolina Card or on Self Service Carolina

A disciplinary reference request only provides information from the Office of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity. If necessary, you will have to contact the Office of the Registrar separately for records regarding your academic standing.


Maintenance of Records

Records regarding code of conduct violations will be maintained for a period of seven years. If you were suspended due to a code of conduct violation, your records will be kept permanently.

Records pertaining to Honor Code violations by graduate students will be retained by our office for six years after graduation or six years after the last date of enrollment. Records pertaining to Honor Code violations by undergraduate students will be retained by our office for six years from the last day of the spring semester of the academic year of the offense.

Student Conduct and Academic Integrity

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.