Skip to Content

My Moore School

  • Outside shot of the Moore School at the corner of Assembly and Greene streets


Students meet with an adviser during the formal advisement period before registration begins. All students are seen individually for advisement. Students are notified by email, Facebook and Twitter when it is time to sign up for fall and spring advisement appointments. Registration for courses takes place after the formal advisement period is over. The University of South Carolina Registrar’s Office assigns each student an appointment date to register. Students may check their appointment time and register for courses at

Business Course Seat Request

To request a seat in a business class that is full, please go to Business Course Seat Request. Submitting this information does not guarantee a seat in the section or course you are requesting, but it does provide us with information to send to business departments. This link should not be used to request a seat in
a course outside of the business school.


Registration FAQ's 

In the Moore School, we do not do overrides beyond capacities for courses. Instead, please use the seat request form to let us know you are in need of a course for graduation requirements. 

No, as advisers in the business school, we are not able to provide overrides for courses outside of our college. You will need to contact the department for an override into their courses. For example, if the course is MATH 122, you will need to contact the Math Department; SPAN 316, you will need to contact the Language Department. Individual department contact information can be found through visiting; using the search bar, type in the individual department name.

Once your request is submitted, we receive your information in our office. Your name is placed on a contact list in our office, and will be used to notify students of when additional seats or sections are opened in the course you requested. 

You will not be notified unless additional seats or sections are opened in the course you requested, as indicated on the seat request form.

Most commonly, it is because the room is at full capacity. We cannot give a student access to a course being held in a room without enough physical seats to accommodate them. The Fire Marshall provides us with strict guidelines to abide by concerning building and room occupancy. In some cases, it may be that the department is not willing to go over a certain enrollment number due to the quality of the course and ability to execute the material in a way that is beneficial to all students.

Professors may not be aware of their classroom's seat capacity and that there is not a physical seat available in the classroom for you. The Undergraduate Division enforces enrollment limits set by the department chairs.

The individual departments in the Moore School set the capacities of their courses and sections depending on several variables. We cannot override capacity in a course without consulting building codes or the department for approval. If an override is available for a section, where seats are available, you will be notified via the information you submit on our course request link.

No, we cannot make an exception. This would not be fair to the other students in the Moore School who also really need this course. 

No, we cannot accommodate work schedules. 

No, we cannot accommodate moving students into sections with particular professors. It is at the discretion of the department and the professor as to which section they teach, and this can change at any time. 

In some courses, where seats are available beyond the listed capacities, the instructor or department will give permission for current term graduates only. Other times, a section may have been moved to a larger room, and we are working on moving students into the section in the order of the requests we received/in order of need for graduation purposes. 

This means you are not coded for a degree program which requires the course for graduation. If you click on the title of the course/section, you will see notes in the course description tab about who the course is available to, and when. If you click on the restrictions tab, you can see a list of majors/minors eligible to take the course. If you think you are in one of the listed fields of study, but are still receiving an error, please make sure you are coded correctly in the system. If you see that you are not, please contact your advisor about getting coded correctly. 

Minors and students who are in other majors, but need Moore School courses for their degree, will be able to register for courses on certain dates of registration week. Please click on the title of the course/section, click course description, and this will tell you when you can register for our courses. 

MKTG 350 and MGMT 371 have specific business and non-business sections. Please click on the title of the course/section, then click course description to identify these sections. 

No, you will not have taken the required pre-requisite of IBUS 310, which is necessary for the IB sections of these courses. 

If you click on the title of the course/section, the course description will tell you when the course will be open to minors for registration. Also, make sure you are registering for a section which is open to minors and not just majors in the college. 

These sections are for special populations on campus. H is for SCHC students, P is for Palmetto College students, T is for Trio Scholars students, C is for Capstone students and S is for several different populations on campus. Unless you are in one of these populations, you will not be able to register for these sections. 

Contact your adviser, and they can approve you for more than 18 hours. Once you go over 16 hours, you will be billed for additional hours. Please consult with the Bursar’s Office if you have any questions: 803-777-4233.

Contact your adviser, and they can add your major and/or minor to your curriculum. 

DegreeWorks is not applicable for anyone who enrolled at USC prior to Fall 2016. For students who enrolled prior to Fall 2016, please contact your advisor if you have questions. For anyone who enrolled at USC Fall 2016 or later, please contact your advisor about getting DegreeWorks to reflect correctly.


Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.