|Title:||Assistant Director of Legal Research Instruction
School of Law
1525 Senate Street
Terrye Conroy received her J.D. in 1987 from the University of South Carolina School of Law and her M.L.I.S. in 2002 from the University of South Carolina’s Davis College of Library and Information Science. Ms. Conroy joined the Law Library faculty in 2004.
Before joining the USC faculty, Ms. Conroy served as Research Director for Berry, Quackenbush & Stuart, P.A. in Columbia, South Carolina. Prior to receiving her Library & Information Science degree, Ms. Conroy taught legal research and writing to paralegal students on the community college level. Ms. Conroy practiced law in both the private and non-profit arenas before entering the academic field.
Ms. Conroy teaches Introduction to Legal Research and Advanced Legal Research. Her scholarly interests include public access to electronic legal information, enhancement of the learning process through the use of technology, and the interdisciplinary integration of legal research instruction.
- Legal Research, Analysis & Writing I (LAWS 533)
- Legal Research, Analysis & Writing II (LAWS 534)
- LRAW Research, the Legal Research, Analysis and Writing course’s online legal research textbook @ http://guides.law.sc.edu/LRAW (password protected), 2013–present, with USC School of Law legal research faculty.
- Introduction to the American Legal System. Chap. 1 and Legal Research. Chap. 2 in The Law and Special Education, 4th ed., with Mitchell L. Yell (Pearson, 2016).
- Introduction to the American Legal System. Chap. 1 and Legal Research. Chap. 2 in The Law and Special Education, 3rd ed., with Mitchell L. Yell (Prentice Hall, 2012).
- Legal Research. Chap. 2 and Legal Research on the Internet. Chap. 3 in The Law and Special Education, 2d ed., with Mitchell L. Yell (Prentice Hall, 2006).
- Thinking Outside the (Print) Book: Creating an Online Textbook for Your Legal Research Course, AALL Spectrum Online, October 16, 2014, with Alyson Drake.