There are several service and social organizations for School of Music students:
- Kappa Kappa Psi, the national honorary band fraternity provides service and leadership in the band program. USC’s Zeta Chi chapter of KKPsi has won numerous national awards. The chapter is comprised of male and female students in USC Bands
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia is the world’s oldest and largest secret national fraternal society in music. Membership in USC’s Delta Sigma chapter is open to male students.
- Pi Kappa Lambda recognizes the highest levels of musical achievement and academic scholarship; fosters
scholarly interest in the theoretical and historical aspects of music and pursuit
of eminent achievement in performance, composition, music education and research;
and encourages members to maintain professional standards and use every opportunity
to advance music as a vital part of our lives and cultural heritage.
- Sigma Alpha Iota, International Music Fraternity for Women, is an organization that promotes interaction among students who share a commitment to music. USC’s award-winning Theta Chi chapter was founded in 1999.
- Tau Beta Sigma, the national honorary band sorority is open to male and female students in the USC Bands program. TBS strives to support music programs through funding and service. USC’s Epsilon Alpha award-winning chapter of TBS works cooperatively with the KKPsi organization to assist USC Bands with presenting special programs such as the USC Band Clinic.