- Up to $2,000 for creative programs, events and academic multicultural initiatives that foster collaborative partnerships and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all dimensions of identity
- Open to students, registered student clubs and organizations, faculty and staff
- New initiatives that include collaborative proposals will be favorably considered
- Applications open year-round
The Diversity and Inclusive Excellence Grant Fund is established and supported by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to encourage new inclusive excellence initiatives and strengthen existing initiatives regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. This fund supports University of South Carolina’s strategic priority to cultivate a more diverse, equitable and inclusive campus culture where every individual, regardless of background, has the full opportunity to flourish and thrive.
The Diversity and Inclusive Excellence Grant Fund will grant up to $2,000 for creative programs, events and academic multicultural initiatives that foster collaborative partnerships and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all dimensions of identity.
Applications are open to students, registered student clubs and organizations, faculty and staff. New initiatives that include collaborative proposals will be favorably considered. Although there is no due date, applications will be reviewed when received, and funding will be distributed until exhausted.
UofSC community members seeking support for research projects relating to race and racial justice should seek funding through the Racial Justice and Equity Research Fund.
ODEI retains discretion in determining funding level based upon review of submitted application criteria and fund goals/objectives.
Funds will not be provided for:
- Non-academic or entirely social events (e.g. balls, banquets, parties)
- Fund-raising activities or charitable events
- Organizations that have a consistent base of substantial funding (e.g UofSC Student Government funding)
- University transportation (in accordance with University liability insurance regulations)
- Payment for food items
- Study abroad experiences unless a significant academic multicultural opportunity has been clearly identified, that goes above and beyond the study abroad experience
- Dissertation research
- Scholarship competitions, awards, presentation ceremonies and banquets
- Profit-making events
- Experiences used for academic credit
The proposal must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of the educational projects, programs and activities start date.
Proposals will be reviewed, approved/denied within two weeks of submission by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. If additional information is needed, a member of the ODEI staff may request to meet with the contacts.
Funding will be distributed throughout the academic year and must be used in the same fiscal year (July 1-June 30). All projects that receive grant funding must be completed prior to June 30 of the academic year in which the proposal was submitted.
Funds may not be used to pay university staff, faculty, administrators or students and will not be awarded for travel or proposals related to research projects.
Applicants must disclose any additional funding received. Funds awarded must be used for the intended purpose and abide by all UofSC fiscal policies and procedures.