There are three ways you can apply for admission to the University of South Carolina: our UofSC Application, the Coalition Application or the Common Application. You should choose the application that you are most comfortable submitting. There is no advantage in the admission process to using one application or the other.
Regardless of which application you select, you must pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee or use fee waiver for those who qualify for ACT, College Board or NACAC waivers. All application deadlines are the same, and we encourage all students to apply by the Early Action deadline of October 15.
The Honors College/Top Scholars supplemental application will be sent to all qualified students who submit the general admission application by November 15.
Tips for Applying
Consider these tips when completing an application:
- We communicate heavily through email, so make sure to check it regularly.
- After you apply, we will direct you to your UofSC Admissions Portal, which will provide important updates and reminders.
- You are required to list two different majors on the application. For more information on our undergraduate majors, review our website. If you are unsure of your major, you can select "Undeclared" in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- We use self-reported standardized test scores to make initial admission and scholarship decisions. You will report your scores through your UofSC Admissions Portal after you apply.
- The latest testing date we will consider for Summer/Fall 2020 freshman admission consideration is the December 2019 SAT or ACT. If you take the SAT and/or ACT after submitting your application, you can update your scores via your UofSC Admissions Portal through February 1, 2020. If you are admitted and enroll, you are required to submit your official test scores by May 15, 2020. Your admission and/or any scholarship may be rescinded if we do not receive your official scores prior to your enrollment.
- You'll need to have a copy of your high school transcript when you apply (a web-based copy is fine). You will upload a JPEG or PDF image of your transcript to the application. After you submit the application, we'll review your uploaded transcript and let you know if we need an official one.
- You'll be asked to list your senior year courses and credits on the application. You must list the exact amount of credit (full, half, trimester) for each course. You will also need to list all dual enrollment courses you are taking.
- Please do not send letters of recommendation unless you plan to apply to the South Carolina Honors College. South Carolina Honors College applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation.