There are three ways you can apply for admission to the University of South Carolina:
You should choose the application that you are most comfortable submitting. There is no advantage in the admission process to using one application over the other. Visit our requirements page for details.
Regardless of which application you select, you must pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee or use fee waiver for those who qualify for Coalition, Common App, ACT, College Board or NACAC application fee waivers. All application deadlines are the same.
On September 1, the Honors College/Top Scholars supplemental application will be available to students who submit the general admission application by November 15.
Tips for Applying
- We communicate heavily through email, so make sure to check it regularly.
- After you apply, we will direct you to your UofSC Admissions Portal, which will provide important updates and reminders.
- You are required to list two different majors on the application. For more information on our undergraduate majors, review our website. If you are unsure of your major, you can select "Undeclared" in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- You'll need to have a copy of your high school transcript when you apply (a web-based copy is fine). You will upload a JPEG or PDF image of your transcript to the application. After you submit the application, we'll review your uploaded transcript and let you know if we need an official one.
- You'll be asked to list your senior year courses and credits on the application. You must list the exact amount of credit (full, half, trimester) for each course. You will also need to list all dual enrollment courses you are taking.
- Use the essay to tell us more about the person behind the numbers. Reflect on a personal experience, and make it less about the topic and more about you.
- When completing the activities section, take the space to explain the activity and your specific involvement.
- Please do not send letters of recommendation unless you plan to apply to the South Carolina Honors College. South Carolina Honors College applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation.