Guide to Apply
The University of South Carolina is a military-friendly system that helps you get
your studies underway or continue your education anywhere you are.
Applying as a Military-Affiliated Student
At South Carolina, you can further your education with a range of degree options at
a bronze-level Military-Friendly School and the 59th Best College for Veterans in the United States.
Veterans and military-affiliated students enjoy admissions privileges, including:
- military training and experience and passing scores on CLEP exams may earn college
credit - military credit evaluated by specific colleges
- veteran and military representatives available at admissions events for prospective
- individual appointments available during campus tours
- may be eligible for in-state tuition and fees without having to establish a permanent
home in South Carolina.
Learn more about admissions and applying, or set up a campus tour to come take a closer look at our historic Columbia campus.
Using your Educational Benefits
Many members of our team are military veterans, too. We can help you navigate applying,
enrolling and beyond. If you're considering attending South Carolina, here's how you
can get started today:
- Apply for admission to the university.
- Once admitted, apply for financial aid.
- Review the educational benefits checklist your chapter benefit will require.
- Apply for your benefits by completing the Enrollment Certification Request and attaching or submitting any required documentation.