Faculty and Staff
|Office:||Schwartz Room 141|
Ewha Womans University Physics Education, Master’s degree, 1996
Ewha Womans University Science Education, Bachelor’s degree, 1993
Two-year College New Faculty Training Experience, AAPT, 2013
Environmental Institute Management, University of Delaware, 2007
Secondary Education Teacher Certificate, South Korea, 1996
2019 – 2021 Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Director, Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC)
2013 – 2021 Physics Instructor, Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC)
2013 – 2016 Coordinator and Developer (FDTC) for Global Competency Development Program at FDTC in partnership with GE Healthcare and McLeod Hospital funded from South Korean Department of Education
2010 – 2012 Adjunct Physics/Chemistry Instructor, Francis Marion University (FMU), Florence, SC
2009 – 2010 Outreach Specialist, ScienceSouth.Inc, Florence, SC
2003 – 2008 Science teacher & Coordinator of the Science Outreach Program, Delaware Korean School, DE, USA
1996 – 1998 Adjunct Physics Instructor, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
1996 – 1997 Researcher and Developer for Gifted Science Program, Department of gifted and talented student, Korean Educational Development Institute (KEDI), Seoul, South Korea
1993 – 1996 Physics Teacher, Bosung Girls’ High School, Seoul, South Korea
- “Time travel”, Teacher/student material for Gifted and Talented Enrichment Program, Department of Education, Seoul, South Korea, 1997
- “Solar powered hands-on car”, co-author, Teacher/student material for Gifted and Talented Enrichment Program, Department of Education, Seoul, South Korea, 1997
- “Global Citizen”, co-author, Teacher/student material for Gifted and Talented Enrichment Program, Department of Education, Seoul, South Korea, 1997
- “A study of the cognitive and cultural effect of Science Museum users”, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea, 1996
- Overview of 100 must-read science books in CD-ROM publication, Seoul, South Korea, 1995
- Active Learning & Real time lab plan: Implementation of Balloon powered hands-on car for introductory Physics course, Two Year College session, American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), University of Minnesota, 2015
- Enhancement of Science awareness and culture using Science Museums in school system, Korean Association of Science Education, Seoul, South Korea 1996
- Led QEP oversight committee and QEP project (Appreciative Advising) as QEP director (FDTC 2019-2021): conducted QEP experiments in College Skill course: prepared annual QEP reports and the 5th year Impact Report for SACSCOC reaffirmation process.
- Served in Curriculum Instruction committee, SACSCOC compliance policy and procedure committee, and Academic Leadership Team (FDTC 2019-2021).
- Taught annual Summer Science Camp (FDTC 2013-2019).
- Coordinated and develop programs for Global Competency Development Program (FDTC 2013-2016). As a partnership, GE Healthcare received an award from Korean Minister of Education. GE Florence branch was recognized from GE Headquarter for their community service and the award received
- Participated in as a panelist at ‘Women in STEM’ (RUSH 2021) and developed ‘Women in Tech’ program (ATE 2015) at FDTC. Recruited and retained female students pursuing careers. Role models and networking resources were provided to participants.
- Participated in a statewide SCCAP (South Carolina Course Alignment Project) for as a regional partnership for finding better align the high school course and freshmen course in college level. Sponsored by the SC Commission on Higher Education (The Center of Excellence for College and Career Readiness 2014-2015).
- Coordinated a worldwide ‘Odyssey of the Mind’ competition at Briggs Elementary school (Florence District One 2008-2009); organized five teams (students and adult volunteers) to prepare annual statewide competition. Three teams were recognized to go National Ceremony.