The focus of Columbia's Cooking is to make healthy and anti-inflammatory living both
great tasting and fit realistically into your busy schedule. Chronic inflammation
has been linked to chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart disease. So much
of our lives revolve around food, and there is now a wealth of research—much of it
conducted here at the Cancer Prevention and Control Program—showing that eating an
anti-inflammatory diet can positively affect our health, whether we want to prevent
disease before it develops or control already existing chronic disease. However, the
reality is that many people are too busy to set aside the time to prepare complicated
dishes; in addition, many of the fancy ingredients called for in cookbooks are too
expensive and hard to find.
is here to show you that anti-inflammatory cooking can be easy, tasty and affordable using ingredients found at your local stores. Through demonstration and hands-on classes, participants in our classes learn how to cook anti-inflammatory meals, enjoy the final creation, and gain some recipes to prepare and eat at home. Classes are offered throughout the year.
For additional course information and free resources on how to improve your health with diet and lifestyle changes, please visit www.ColumbiasCooking.org.
- Pre-registration is required. Visit the Marketplace site for specific class and registration information.
- Payment is required to complete registration.
- Class size minimum is 10 people. Classes may be cancelled if the minimum is not met. Avoid cancellations: get your friends to register!
- Columbia's Cooking class cancellation and refund policies:
- Classes are non-refundable, and payment is non-transferable to another class (you may have another person attend in your place, but you must inform us prior to the class).
- Classes canceled due to inclement weather, instructor illness or failure to meet class size minimums will either be rescheduled or refunded at the discretion of Columbia’s Cooking.
- If you are worried that a class may be canceled, please call us at 803-576-5690 for information. We will do our best to contact you if a class has been canceled.