Twelve University of South Carolina departments were selected in Fall 2023 and provided the opportunity to recruit and hire a Bridge to Faculty scholars program.
- Economics, Darla Moore School of Business
- Computer Science, College of Engineering and Computing
- Sociology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Exercise Science, Arnold School of Public Health
- Integrated Information Technology, College of Engineering and Computing
- School of Journalism and Mass Communications, College of Information and Communications
- Biobehavioral Health and Nursing Science, College of Nursing
- Geography, College of Arts and Sciences
- Mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences
- Drug Discovery and Biomedical Sciences, College of Pharmacy
- Management, Darla Moore School of Business
- Criminology and Criminal Justice, College of Arts and Sciences
The Bridge to Faculty program is designed to recruit talented early-career scholars into tenure-track faculty roles after a two-year training period.
“We are committed to providing opportunities to a diverse set of talented, research-focused scholars, whose research will positively impact our region and state,” said Julian R. Williams, vice president, Division of Access, Civil Rights and Community Engagement. “The scholars are an opportunity to recruit and support outstanding scholars and emerging leaders who represent all backgrounds and perspectives in research and scholarship."
The first Bridge to Faculty cohort began this Fall, with six scholars whose research spans a wide variety of disciplines and departments across the university.
Bridge to Faculty is funded by the President’s Office and administered through the Office of Access and Opportunity in collaboration with the Office of the Provost.