Our free services can assist crime victims through an incident and support them as
they navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system.
Help Is Available 24/7
Call 803-777-4215 and ask for a law enforcement victim advocate. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Can Help
Our Victim and Witness Assistance Program is a free service that specializes in assisting
crime victims through an incident and supports them as they navigate the criminal
- Assist with preparation for court
- Provide court notifications
- Provide transportation and court escorts
- Answer your questions as they arise during the case
- Act as a liaison between the investigator and victim
- Create safety plans
- Obtain no contact orders and orders of protection or restraining orders
- Make counseling referrals
These civil orders are granted by courts and provide protection from an abusive current
or former spouse, someone you have a child in common with, or a current or previous
live-in partner of the opposite sex.
Get important numbers, tools and rights information to help victims in the aftermath
of an event.
We Promise To...
- Treat victims and witnesses with dignity and compassion
- Assist those in our community who have been victims or witnesses of a crime
- Be available 24 hours a day through our quick-response program
- Increase awareness of crime prevention efforts through direct contact with victims
- Develop new crime awareness programs for the university
- Serve as a liaison between the community, victims, witnesses and the USCPD
- Offer advocacy and emotional support to victims and witnesses throughout the criminal