HHS: Guidelines for Women’s Preventive Services HRSA-16-057
Sponsor: HHSInternal Deadline: 11/23/2015Sponsor Deadline: 01/04/2016Program WebsiteHHS: Guidelines for Women’s Preventive Services HRSA-16-057
The purpose of this project is to improve adult women's health across the lifespan by engaging a coalition of health professional organizations to recommend updates to the HRSA-supported Women's Preventive Services Guidelines. Under Section 2713 of the Public Health Service Act, as added by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, P.L. 111-148 (42 U.S.C. 300gg-13), non-grandfathered group health plans and non-grandfathered group and individual health insurance coverage must include coverage, without cost sharing, for the preventive services identified in that section, including those provided for in the HRSA-supported Women's Preventive Services Guidelines.
The specific aims of the project are to:
1) Establish a process for developing and regularly recommending updates to the guidelines for women's preventive services;
2) Obtain participation by health professional organizations on developing recommended guidelines for women's preventive services;
3) Review and synthesize existing guidelines and new scientific evidence for women's preventive services;
4) Develop recommended guidelines for women's preventive services;
5) Disseminate HRSA-supported comprehensive guidelines for use in clinical practice.
USC may only submit one application in response to this program announcement. Your application submission MUST be coordinated with the Office of the Vice President for Research. Please send a two page abstract via email to Richard White (email@example.com) by November 23, 2015. In addition to the 2-page abstract, you should also submit a biosketch for the PI.
HHS indicates that a letter of intent is NOT REQUIRED and a full proposal is due by Jan 4, 2016 . For more information: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=279954