DOE: Plasma Science Facilities DE-FOA-0001713
Sponsor: DOEInternal Deadline: 02/06/2017Institutional Submission Limit: 2Sponsor Deadline: 03/03/2017Program WebsiteDOE: Plasma Science Facilities DE-FOA-0001713
The Fusion Energy Sciences (FES) program in the Office of Science (SC), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), hereby announces its interest in receiving cooperative agreement proposals for research and operation of, and/or construction of, intermediate-scale facilities for frontier plasma science research. User facilities are sought that can address frontier plasma science questions in multiple research areas identified in the 2015 Frontiers of Plasma Science Workshops report. Specific research areas of interest include:
- plasma dynamo (generation and amplification of magnetic fields);
- magnetic reconnection (topological changes of the magnetic field lines);
- particle acceleration by shocks, turbulence, and/or magnetic reconnection;
- turbulent cascade and dissipation of energy in magnetized plasmas; and
- formation of coherent structures in magnetized plasmas.
USC may only submit only two applications in response to this program announcement.
Your application submission MUST be coordinated with the Office of the Vice President for Research. Please send a two page abstract via email to Richard White (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 6, 2017. In addition to the 2-page abstract, you should also submit a biosketch for the PI.
DOE indicates that a pre-application is due March 3, 2017 and a full application is due by May 05, 2017. For more information: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=291306