Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation: 2022 Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of talented young faculty in the chemical sciences with an unrestricted research grant of $100,000.
Nominees must hold a full-time tenure-track academic appointment, and are normally expected to have been appointed no earlier than mid-year 2016. Awardees are from Ph.D. granting departments in which scholarly research is a principal activity.
USC may submit only one Camille Dreyfus nomination annually. Your nomination submission MUST be coordinated with the Office of the Vice President for Research. Please send the following via email to Richard White (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 16, 2021.
Nomination package: The original nomination and one additional copy should be prepared as a single PDF, using 12-point font size, and assembled as:
1. The online nomination form
2. A letter of nomination from an institutional representative highlighting the achievements of the nominee, and the basis for selection (limited to two pages)
3. A summary description of the research accomplishments of the nominee as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (limited to five pages, including references, with use of at least one graphic being encouraged)
4. A statement intended to convince the reviewers of the dedication of the nominee to education in the chemical sciences (limited to two pages)
5. A CV (limited to four pages) including a list of publications in which independent contributions and undergraduate coauthors are clearly identified. Research support should be indicated.
6. A budget (limited to one page) describing how award funds are anticipated to be used.
Upon notification of selection by the Research Development Office, three letters of support should be sent directly to the Foundation from individuals who know and address accomplishments of the nominee as an independent faculty member.
NOTE: None of these letters may be from the nominating institution of the candidate. No more than one letter may be from a former mentor.
Letters should be formatted on 8 1/2 x 11-inch letterhead, using 12-point font size, and be no more than three pages.
All nomination materials and letters of support must arrive in hard copy at the Foundation office by February 2, 2022.
More information is available at https://www.dreyfus.org/camille-dreyfus-teacher-scholar/