The subrecipient documents which were provided in USCeRA as part of your proposal will be used for the subaward agreement:
- budget justification
- scope of work
If your budget has been awarded at a reduced rate than what was originally proposed, an updated budget and justification for your subrecipient will need to be provided to your SAM administrator.
Prior to the SAM office beginning the subaward creation process, the following must be completed:
- a completed and signed subrecipient commitment form is provided to SAM
- the subrecipient is certified in USCeRA
- the subrecipient is registered as a vendor in the University’s payment system.
Once all subrecipient documents have been reviewed by your SAM administrator and a subaward coordinator, the subrecipient will
- be evaluated and assigned an appropriate risk level
- be issued an agreement for one year at a time to ensure proper subrecipient monitoring
- proper terms and conditions will be documented within the agreement as determined by SAM
- a Purchase Order (PO) will be requested by the Controller’s Office
- a Purchase Order (PO) number will be assigned by Purchasing
After the PO is issued, the subrecipient will be sent the subaward agreement for review, negotiation and signature. Once both institutions sign the agreement a copy of the fully executed subaward agreement will be emailed to you by one of our subaward coordinators.
Subawards are issued in the order they are received as accounts are established. As an industry average, it takes three months after receipt of the Prime award, to issue the subaward when all needed and accurate subaward information is provided at the time of proposal. We strive to issue subawards timely and in compliance with the numerous regulations unique to our sponsors.