Guest Use of Computers
Visitors may use library computers under the following conditions:
- Visitors using online library subscription resources will be logged into an available workstation only for the purpose and duration of conducting their research. Ask for guest login assistance at the Help Desk.
- University licensing of Microsoft Office products only covers current UofSC students, faculty and staff. These products are not online library subscription resources and are not available for visitors to use.
- Visitors may search for materials using Find It @ UofSC Libraries at the “Catalog Only” computers located on Levels 1-4 of the Thomas Cooper Library.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring a USB drive or other personal storage device to save their research materials. Guest printing is available for research materials with the purchase of a $1 reusable print card.
- University Libraries does not offer test proctoring services. These are offered by the University of South Carolina Testing Center. Guests cannot use library computers to view courses, complete coursework or take tests for courses at other institutions.
Guest Use of Wireless Network
- Visitors with wireless-enabled computers may access the UofSC guest network if they provide the required valid email address and mobile phone number. If needed, assistance is available from the staff in the Technology Lounge on Level 5.
- Researchers, students or guests from other universities may connect to the secure eduroam wireless network.