Philanthropic Relationships and Strategic Partnerships
We establish and develop strong relationships with companies and foundations to support USC’s mission. These relationships are philanthropic with a larger goal of creating strategic partnerships between the University of South Carolina and its corporate and foundation supporters, focusing on a common vision. Meetings, conference calls, off-campus corporate and foundation visits, forums, and site visits are just some of the ways that USC and our external supporters maximize benefit to the university, partnering organizations, and the community at large.
Corporate and Foundation Relations
We serve as the central point of entry for corporations and foundations that are interested in investments, partnerships, and/or collaboration with USC. Corporate and Foundation Relations identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards these relationships.
Services We Provide
- Oversee and coordinate university-wide corporate and foundation activities
- Distribute Request for Proposals (RFPs) to schools/colleges and faculty
- Identify new sources of corporate and foundation support
- Cultivate new corporate and foundation relationships and opportunities
- Facilitate approaches to corporations and foundations
- Assist with Letter of Inquiry (LOI) and proposal development for major gifts ($25,000 or higher)
- Provide budget guidance
- Supply supporting documentation (e.g., IRS Determination, audited financial statements, signatures)
- Submit LOIs and proposals
- Assist with stewardship and follow-up, including recognition and acknowledgement of donor awards
- Assist in developing policy on corporate and foundation gifts and grants