Get a passport, visa with Study Abroad event
USC's Study Abroad Office is hosting a Passport & Visa Day Friday, Oct. 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Study Abroad Office on the third floor of Legare College.
The event will help USC students, faculty and staff easily acquire a passport or visa. State Department representative John Lupton will help facilitate the passport application process.
Normal application fees are required, but passports will be expedited for free. Prior registration is not necessary.
Those attending should bring:
- A certified copy of your U.S. citizenship evidence
- Previously issued, undamaged US passport
- Certified birth certificate issued by city, county, or state
- Naturalization Certificate or Certification of Birth Abroad (NOTE: Photocopies, notarized copies, and hospital birth certificates are not acceptable.
- Adult passport fees: $110/passport book; $30/passport card
- A $25 application fee is charged for each application submitted
- Documents will be expedited for FREE (a $60 savings)
- A valid photo ID Examples: driver’s license, state-issued ID, student ID (Carolina Card)
- A photocopy, front and back, of your valid photo ID
- One color passport photo, size: 2” x 2” (these can be completed at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and other photo processing locations)
- Appropriate passport fees NOTE: Only checks and money orders will be accepted.
Passport renewals will also be available for a $110 fee with a submission of a current passport and a current photo ID. More details on passport forms and information can be found at www.travel.state.gov.
Additionally, Study Abroad Advisors have reserved the whole day of the event to answer any questions regarding passports and visas.
Visit the study abroad website for important information on what to bring to Passport & Visa Day, or call the Study Abroad Office at 777-7557 for more details on the event.
News and Internal Communications