The Institute for Healthcare Improvement Open School (IHI) Open School chapter at USC is a face-to-face, interprofessional group that enables a forum for like-minded health professional students, residents and professionals to interact and help each other gain skills to improve care. We strive to provide opportunities to learn about quality improvement and improving care for patients, to network with peers, to connect with engaged and supportive faculty, and to accomplish scholarly activities, such as publishing and presenting improvement work.
In particular, our IHI Open School chapter focuses on interprofessional collaboration and community service-learning.
IHI Open School [pdf] provides students of medicine, nursing, social work, public health, pharmacy, health administration, and other allied health professions with the opportunity to learn about quality improvement and impacting population health. By getting involved you can:
- Access a growing catalog of free online courses
- Connect with interprofessional students, faculty and professions in a worldwide network
- Gain skills in quality, safety, teamwork and leadership
- Attend national and international events
Learn more at: www.ihi.org/openschool
Since 2010, the University of South Carolina IHI Chapter has provided a forum for students from all the healthcare professions to interact in meaningful ways and learn from each other. Our chapter promotes growth in quality, patient safety, leadership, and population health education. We support interprofessional quality improvement and community service projects. At IHI, believe in the Quadruple Aim of Health: Improving the health of populations, improving the patient experience of care, reducing the per capita cost of healthcare, and avoiding healthcare worker burnout. Join our growing multi-disciplinary organization as we work toward our goals this year!
By becoming a member for only $10 per year you can:
- Engage in one of our Chapter Teams:
- Quality Improvement Team: Engage in quality education, research, and initiative support
- Events Team: Plan, implement, and improve our six open events of the year
- Engagement Team: Lead in chapter outreach, involvement in the university, and community Service
- Reignite IHI quality or service projects, start your own, or volunteer for other projects
- Attend our quality education and social events
- Become a chapter officer or part of our board as a Steering Committee member
- Involve yourself further in events as part of our hospitality crew
Our fall open events are all in the Russell House Ballroom from 5-7pm. They are free to all graduate healthcare students, members and non-members are welcome.
September 14, 2017: Leading Change In Population Health
October 10, 2017: Patient Engagement In Healthcare
November 9, 2017: Avoiding Burnout in Healthcare Delivery
IHI members are also invited to our multiple quality education and social events this fall! Join our chapter to obtain more information!
Become part of our interprofessional team today at https://tinyurl.com/ihiuofscmembership
Contact the chapter with questions: email@example.com
President – Ryan Orland (Medicine)
Vice President – Christina New (Medicine)
Secretary – Martin Mrazeck (Nursing)
Treasurer – Kylie Weaver (Pharmacy)
Quality Improvement Team Leader - Jennifer Mandelbaum (Public Health)
Find us on Facebook at: Institute for Healthcare Improvement Chapter at U of SC or @IHIUofSC
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is a not-for-profit organization leading the improvement of health care throughout the world. While there are amazing benefits to becoming a chapter member, all healthcare students can complete IHI courses and access its resources. Learn more at www.IHI.org .