Options for first year residents:
Residential All Access with $250 meal plan dollars
- Default for first year residents. Available to all students
- Automatically added to your account in mid-July
- $2,404 per semester
Residential All Access with $400 meal plan dollars
- First year residents can upgrade once pricing is finalized in mid-July. Available to all students
- $2,551 per semester
Residential All Access Meal Plans provide:
- Unlimited dine-in access to all six residential restaurants. Visit our residential restaurants for a full all-you-care-to-eat meal or for a simple snack or beverage. Residential restaurants include:
- Seven meal swipes per week to use in select retail locations for meal swipe combos. Swipes have a value based on meal period. Guests can order up to that value with a meal swipe or cover any overage with meal plan dollars, CarolinaCash, credit or debit. Breakfast: $7.50, Lunch/Dinner/Late Night: $10.50.
- Meal Plan Dollars to supplement your residential all access and provide flexible spending for a la carte purchases in campus dining locations.
- One to-go meal from our residential restaurants per meal period
- Free membership in to the sustainable to-go container program
* Residential restaurants are open and available to all students regardless of where you live.
Terms and Conditions
- First year residents will automatically be assisgned the Residential All Access plan with $250 meal plan dollars first and second semeseter. First year residents have the option to upgrade to $400 meal plan dollars each semester. Residential All Access Plans are also available to upperclassman residents and students living off campus.
- Meal plan membership and pricing is a semesterly contract.
- Unused meal plan dollars from fall semester will roll over to spring semester with the purchase of a spring meal plan. Meal plan dollars not used by the end of spring semester will expire.
- Additional meal plan dollars can be added at any time by contacting the CarolinaCard Office at (803) 777-1708 or via the GET mobile app.
- There is a 30-minute pause in between meal swipe usage in both the residential and retail restaurants to prevent guests from swiping for other people.
- Access to residential restaurants is unlimited with the Residential All Access meal plan and not affected by the usage of meal swipes in retail.
First-Year Residents joining a fraternity or sorority
First year residential students with a mandatory University meal plan will transition to a hybrid meal plan that provides access to both meals on campus and their Greek Village facility the semester after they join. Each student will have the Block 50 plan with $375 meal plan dollars for on-campus meals plus plan associated with their Greek organization.
The amount of meals provided by Greek Village facilities on this hybrid plan is determined by individual House Corporations. Students shifting to this hybrid meal plan will see two charges on their campus account in the spring semester, one for the on-campus meal plan and one for the meal plan associated with their Greek organization. Non-residential first year students without a mandatory University Meal Plan and upperclassmen that are new members will transition to a full Greek Village meal plan if required by the organization.
Greek students on a Block 50 plan have the option to upgrade bacl to the the Residential All Access plan by contacting the CarolinaCard Office.