Options for first year residents:
Residential All Access with $200 meal plan dollars
- Default for first year residents. Available to all students
- Automatically added to your account in mid-July
- Cost to student: $1,990
Residential All Access with $350 meal plan dollars
- First year residents can upgrade once pricing is finalized in mid-July. Available to all students
- Cost to student: $2,115
Residential All Access Meal Plans provide:
- Unlimited dine-in access to all five residential restaurants. Visit our residential restaurants for a full all-you-care-to-eat meal or for a simple snack or beverage. Residential restaurants include:
- Two meal swipes in select retail locations per day for meal exchange combos . Meal exchange allows for a meal swipe to be used outside of the residential restaurants for a full combo meal at locations like Chick-fil-A and Twisted Taco.
- Meal Plan Dollars to supplement your residential all access and provide flexible spending for a la carte purchases in campus dining locations.
- One to-go meal from our residential restaurants per meal period
- Free membership in to the sustainable to-go program
* Residential restaurants are open and available to all students regardless of where you live on or off campus.
- First year residents are automatically enrolled in the Residential All Access plan with $200 meal plan dollars. First year residents have the option to upgrade to $350 meal plan dollars for more spending power. Residential All Access Plans are also available to upperclassman residents and students living off campus.
- Meal plan membership and pricing is a semesterly contract. Meal plan members will be auto-enrolled into the same meal plan in spring semester that they selected in fall semester with the option to make changes the first week and a half of classes.
- Unused meal plan dollars from fall semester will roll over to spring semester if the meal plan holder is enrolled in a meal plan in spring semester. Unused meal plan dollars at the end of spring semester will expire.
- Additional meal plan dollars can be added at any time by contacting the CarolinaCard Office at (803) 777-1708.
- There is a 30-minute pause in between meal swipe usage in both the residential and retail restaurants to prevent guests from swiping for other people.
- Meal Exchange combos in retail locations are limited to two per day. Access to residential restaurants is unlimited and not affected by the usage of meal exchange swipes in retail.
First-Year Residents joining a fraternity or sorority
- First year residential students with a mandatory University Meal Plan will transition to a hybrid meal plan that provides access to both meals on campus and their Greek Village facility the semester after they join. Each student will receive 50 on-campus meals plus a declining balance of $375 to use at on-campus Carolina Food Co. dining locations. The amount of meals provided by Greek Village facilities on this hybrid plan is determined by individual House Corporations. Students shifting to this hybrid meal plan will see two charges on their campus account in the spring semester, $850 for the on-campus meal plan and $940 for the meal plan associated with their Greek Village facility. Non-residential first year students without a mandatory University Meal Plan and upperclassmen that are new members will transition to a full Greek Village meal plan if required by the organization.