Winter Session 2024-2025: Dec. 30, 2024 - Jan. 19, 2025
Enjoy the convenience of self-paced online learning from home and earn three credit hours by taking an online accelerated Winter Session course. You can expect to spend about 35 hours per week on classwork.
The accelerated pace and shortened course length helped me balance my fall and spring courseloads. The highly-organized, online course was easy to keep up with even though I was overseas for part of the course period.
— Winter session 2022-2023 student
Register for Winter Session
Registration opens in the fall at the same time as spring classes and can be completed at the same time.
- Log into your account on my.sc.edu.
- Choose the Student tab.
- Click on the Registration section.
- Select "Browse Classes."
- View Spring 2024 classes.
- Choose Advanced Search.
- Select Part of Term “Columbia Winter Session.”
- Pick your class and click on "Add" to add it to your schedule and summary.
- Click on Submit in the bottom right-hand corner to finalize your registration.
For more help with registration, contact your advisor or watch the Advising Center's video tutorial.
*Students enrolling in Winter Session classes may only register for a maximum of 4 credit hours. If students are enrolled in more than 4 hours, students will be administratively dropped from courses after the Winter Session Registration deadline.