*Coming in Spring 2024!
Earn 12 Credits Across Several Disciplines
ANTH 273 - Cross-Cultural Communication
or LING 273 - Cross-Cultural Communication
ENGL 363 - Introduction to Professional Writing
FORL 360 - Introduction to Intercultural Communication
ISCI 415 - Social Issues in Information and Communications Technologies
ISCI 420 - Information and Communication Needs and Assessment
ITEC 242 - Business Communications
JOUR 201 - Principles of Public Relations
JOUR 285 - Social Media and Society
JOUR 291 - Writing for Mass Communications
JOUR 303 - Law and Ethics of Mass Communications
JOUR 304 - Internet and Social Media Law
JOUR 333 - Public Relations for Nonprofit Organizations
PHIL 213 - Communicating Moral Issues
PHIL 321 - Medical Ethics
or PHIL 324 - Business Ethics
or PHIL 325 - Engineering Ethics
POLI 240 - Language Conflict and Language Rights
or LING 240 - Language Conflict and Language Rights
PSYC 430 - Survey of Social Psychology
RETL 487 - Retail Management Strategies
SAEL 200 - Social Advocacy and Ethical Life
SPCH 140 - Public Communication
or SPCH 145 - Online Public Communication
SPCH 213 - Communicating Moral Issues
SPCH 230 - Business and Professional Speaking
SPCH 260 - Argumentation and Debat
How It Works
- Let us know you're interested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After reviewing with your academic advisor, we'll add the Certificate to your curriculum in Banner.
- Complete 12 credit hours from the course list below. We'll keep track of your progress in DegreeWorks.
- Complete a Certificate Application along with your degree application during your final semester.
- Be recognized on your transcript, your commencement program, and by official certificate. Be all the more prepared for the career you want!
- The certificate must be completed concurrently with your undergraduate degree and it cannot delay graduation.
- A minimum institutional GPA of 2.0 must be maintained.
- Two of the four required courses must be taken at the USC Columbia campus.
- All coursework that applies to the certificate must be earned with a grade of C or better.