Tuition and Fees
Paying for School
Payment In-Person - The Business Office accepts cash or check payments during normal business hours Monday
through Friday, 8:30 -5:00 PM. (Credit and debit card payments must be made online at my.sc.edu. Also electronic check payments are accepted as an alternative method without adding
more costs to your bill associated with credit card payments.)
Payment by Mail - Please pay attention to Payment Deadlines before mailing payments. If you pay your fees by mail, please include the student’s name and VIP ID along with your check or money order made payable to USC Sumter for the balance due amount and mail to:
University of South Carolina Sumter
200 Miller Road
Sumter, SC 29153
The Business Office date stamps all mail-in payments as they are received. Self-service Carolina (SSC) payments are processed as they are recorded electronically.
USC Sumter offers a payment plan option for students. The tuition and fees balance is divided into four equal payments. The plan costs $75.00 per semester to set up. The first payment of 25% and the $75.00 fee is due by the first cancellation date. The remaining three payments are due over the next three months on or around the 10th of the month. There is a late charge of $100.00 per month up to a maximum of $300.00 per semester. The payment plan needs to be set up every semester and can be set up on Self-Service Carolina. Contact the Business Office for more details.
- Log into my.sc.edu.
- Click on the Account Information link.
- Click the Payment Gateway link.
- Click on the Payment Plan link at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Enroll Now tab.
- Choose the appropriate term to set up the payment plan.
- Payment Plan information will show up on the screen. Please read this information then click continue to move to the next section.
- Click Display Payment Schedule to show the monthly payments.
- To set up Scheduled Payments you must opt-in by selecting the yes button on this screen. If you select no you are agreeing to make your installment payments on your own. If everything looks fine, click the continue button.
- Click on Select Payment Method. Choose from a saved account, a new electronic check or a credit or debit card. There is a 2.5% percent convenience fee for the use of a credit or debit card. There is no charge for an electronic check (use personal checking accounts only). Then click the select button.
- The Plan Enrollment Agreement will appear. Please review this information carefully, then click the I Agree check box.
- To finalize the agreement, click the continue button.
- The online receipt will appear and can be printed out.