COVID-19 saliva testing on campus is free, quick and noninvasive, and results can typically be shared within 24-48 hours. Saliva testing is only available to current students, faculty and staff. You can also get tested off campus.
It is very important that any student, faculty or staff member that develops significant symptoms of COVID-19, like fever, cough or shortness of breath, contact their healthcare provider for evaluation. If needed, an appointment for a test will be scheduled. Costs for test will be billed to your health insurance. Students can make an appointment through MyHealthSpace.
Important information about vaccines can be found on our COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
Schedule for September 20 – September 24
- No appointment needed at any of the saliva test sites.
- Before coming to the test site, you must acknowledge the updated consent on MyHealthSpace using the instructions below.
This will only have to be done once for Fall 2021.
- Log into MyHealthSpace.ushs.sc.edu
- Go to the menu on the left
- Click Medical Clearances
- Scroll to Additional Items Not Required for Clearance, click on COVID-19 Testing Consent & HIPAA Agreement, and click on green Update
- Scroll down to check Acknowledgement
- Click blue Submit Final
- Click on Proceed
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or vape, or chew gum or mints 30 minutes before testing.
- You may have clear water up until 10 minutes before testing. Hydrate well on your test day.
- Bring your Carolina Card.
- Please check the schedule weekly because locations or times may change.
Monday, Sept. 20 – Friday, Sept. 24
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m. all student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Carolina Coliseum, 701 Assembly St. We encourage you to visit the Coliseum for reduced wait times.
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m. all student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Russell House basement
- 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. faculty, staff and GA only saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St.