College of Arts and Sciences
Curriculum Vitae [pdf]
Department of Mathematics
Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Texas at Austin, 1996
B.S., Mathematics, University of Crete, 1989
2006-present, Associate Professor, University of South Carolina
2000-2005, Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina
1998-2000, Visiting Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University
1996-1998, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Missouri-Columbia
Math 122: Business Calculus
Math 141: Calculus I
Math 142: Calculus II
Math 197X: Research and Careers
Math 241: Vector Calculus
Math 242: Differential Equations
Math 520: Ordinary Differential Equations
Math 524: Nonlinear Optimization
Math 544: Linear Algebra
Math 544H: Linear Algebra Honors
Math 550: Vector Analysis
Math 552-752I: Complex Variables
Math 554-703I: Analysis I
Math 703: Graduate Analysis I
Math 704: Graduate Analysis II
Math 756: Functional Analysis I
Math 757: Functional Analysis II
Dr. Androulakis has studied Functional Analysis, Operator Algebras, Mathematical Physics, Dynamical Systems,
Quantum Mechanics. Recently he studies Quantum Information and he wants to understand how quantum physical systems process information. Dr. Androulakis enjoys working with graduate students and has supervised many PhD theses. Dr. Androulakis has given more than 50 invited talks outside of the University of South Carolina and his research has been funded by the National Science Foundation.
- G. Androulakis, D. Wright, Optimality in Quantum Data Compression using Dynamical Entropy. Phys. Rev. A 100, (2019) 032301.
- G. Androulakis, A. Wiedemann, GKSL generators and digraphs: Computing invariant states J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 52 (2019) 305201.
- G. Androulakis, D. Wright, On the non-linearity of quantum dynamical entropy, J. Math. Phys. 60, (2019), 053504.
- G. Androulakis, R. Musulin, Quantum Kac’s chaos, Commun. Math. Sci., 16, No. 7, (2018), 1801-1825.
- G. Androulakis, M. Ziemke, Generators of Quantum Markov semigroups, J. Math. Phys. 56, (2015), 083512.
- G. Androulakis, J. Bellissard C. Sadel, Dissipative dynamics in semiconductors at low temperature. J. Stat. Phys., 147, Issue 2, (2012), 448-486.