College of Arts and Sciences
9:40-10:30 M,W,F in Wardlaw College 107S
12pm-1pm Friday in Coliseum 1024B
Curriculum Vitae [pdf]
|2012||Ph.D. in Mathematics Education, Kent State University (Kent, OH)|
|2012||Licensed Mathematics Teacher in the State of Ohio grades 7-12|
2006 Masters in Mathematics Education, Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
|2005||Doctoral Work in Mathematics, University of Notre Dame (Southbend, IN)|
|2004||Masters of Science in Mathematics, Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)|
|2001||Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)|
|2014-Present||Assistant Professor Joint Position with Department of Mathematics within the College of Arts and Sciences and the Department of Instruction and Teacher Education within the College of Education at the University of South Carolina|
|2012-2014||Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education at California State University, Fullerton|
|2008-2012||Cleveland State University Part-Time Faculty|
|2006-2012||Full-Time Mathematics Teacher (Grades 9-12) at Solon High School|
|2005-2006||Student Teaching in Secondary Schools (Grades 6-12) through the Ohio State University|
|2002-2006||Lecturer and Instructor for the Ohio State University|
|1999-2001||Recitation Instructor, Teaching Assistant, and Tutor for the Ohio State University|
|2016-Present||Created, implemented, researched, and taught a mentor professional development (mentor PD) for experienced GSIs to learn how to mentor novice GSIs.|
|2015-Present||Created and taught new graduate student instructor (GSI) 3-day orientation workshop.|
|2014-Present||Doctoral committee member and advisor for three education doctoral students.|
|2014-Present||Developed, created, and taught new Mathematics Pedagogy I & II (MATH 791-792).|
|2014-Present||University of South Carolina, Columbia: Practicum Seminar for Graduate Teaching Assistants, Advanced Doctoral Mathematics and Mathematics Education Research, Mathematics Pedagogy I & II, Elementary Teacher Mathematical Content, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Vector Calculus, and Differential Equations.|
|2012-2014||California State University, Fullerton: Capstone Mathematics Course for Secondary School, Mathematics Course for Elementary Teachers, Supervising Student Teachers in the Secondary Classroom, and Teaching Action Research Course for Graduate Students.|
|2008-2012||Cleveland State Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program (PSEOP): Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations, and Linear Algebra.|
|2006-2012||Solon High School: Algebra 2, Honors Algebra 2,Geometry, Honors Geometry, Accelerated Pre-Calculus, Accelerated Algebra 2, Honors Algebra 2, and Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations, and Linear Algebra.|
|2005-2007||Student Teaching through Ohio State University, Grades 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12|
|2002-2006||Ohio State University: Collegiate Algebra, Accelerated Collegiate Algebra, Pre-calculus, Basic Calculus Sequences, Integrated Calculus, Advanced Calculus for Engineers, and Multivariable Calculus.|
- Research and Teaching with Mathematics Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) Pedagogy
- Teaching Undergraduate and Graduate Mathematics and Pedagogy Courses
- Research in Mathematical Metaphorical Conceptualization to Improve Teacher Listening
- Research in Proof and Problem Solving within Collegiate and Secondary Education
- Yee, S.P., Roy, G., Graul, L. (In Press). Conditional reasoning online with Mastermind. Mathematics Teaching in Middle School. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Yee, S.P., Otten, S., & Taylor, M.W. (2018). What do we value in secondary mathematics teaching methods? Investigations in Mathematics Learning (IML). 10(4), 187-201.
- Yee, S.P., Boyle, J. D., Ko, Y. Y., & Bleiler-Baxter, S. K. (2018). Effects of constructing and communally critiquing arguments with classroom-generated criteria. Journal of Mathematical Behavior (JMB), 49(2018), 145-162.
- Yee, S. P. (2017). Students’ and teachers’ conceptual metaphors for mathematical problem solving. School Science and Mathematics, 117(3-4), 146-157.
- Ko, Y. Y., Yee, S.P., Bleiler-Baxter, S. K., & Boyle, J. D. (2016). Empowering students' proof learning through communal engagement. Mathematics Teacher, 109(8), 618-624.
- Boyle, J.D., Bleiler, S. K., Yee, S.P., & Ko, Y. (2015). Transforming perceptions of proof: A four-part instructional sequence. Mathematics Teacher Educator (MTE), 4(1), 32-38.
- Yee, S.P. & Bostic, J. D. (2014). Developing a students’ contextualization of problem solving. Journal of Mathematical Behavior (JMB), 36(2014), 1-19.
- Yee, S.P. (2013). Problem solving concretely with the word like. Investigations in Mathematics Learning (IML), 5(3), 25-43.