The SOARinG Program will match M1 students with mentored research projects to take place in the summer between their M1 and M2 years (6-8 weeks). A seminar series and journal club are components of the program and will run throughout the summer culminating in the UofSCSOMG Annual Medical Student Research Symposium.
Students are required to submit an abstract for presentation as a poster or oral talk at the Symposium.
SOARinG Program TImeline
- SOARinG Application opens for SOMG medical student for summer 2022 research
- Finalize SOARinG research mentors and associated project availability
- Research Mentor Student Recruitment Form
- SOARinG Application for SOMG students due on February 25th
- Notification of research mentor-mentee matches by March 21st
- Application for SOMG paid stipends opens
- Students meet with research mentors to discuss project details and agree to and sign mentor-mentee agreement (Due date April 15th)
- Scholar’s Application for SOMG paid stipend due on April 18th
- Announcement of SOMG stipend awardees May 2nd
- SOMG Summer Student Research officially begins May 23rd
- Journal Club on June 3rd, 10th, and 24th
- Abstract submission for UofSCSOMG Annual Medical Student Research Symposium
- UofSCSOMG Annual Medical Student Research Symposium will be held on July 22nd