Applications are due March 19.
What is Queer Connections?
Queer Connections (QC) is a support initiative for incoming and new LGBTQ+ students that connects students with trained LGBTQ+ peer mentors. In order to cultivate a supportive space for new students, mentors will create opportunities for connections to be made with other Carolina community and address the challenges of college life from their unique perspective.
Mentors and mentees are expected to:
- Attend mentorship program events (2 per semester).
- Set a mutually agreed upon meeting schedule with a minimum of one communication per week.
- Communicate with the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs about how the relationship is progressing.
- Commit to the mentoring relationship and program for one academic year.
Queer Connections Mentors
QC Mentors are the primary point of contact for their mentees. Mentors are returning students who will be trained to connect their mentees to all aspects of UofSC.
Who can be a QC mentor?
- are full-time and in good academic standing with their academic department.
- have completed at least one semester at USC
- complete the QC mentor trainings
What is Queer?
We use "queer" as an umbrella term for people who don't identify with normative notions of gender or sexual orientation. It includes people of all marginalized gender identities and sexual orientations.