USC Salkehatchie has launched a Campus Reopening Task Force to develop protocols and procedures necessary to safely open its campus to faculty, staff, and students.
“The safety and health of our campus community is our utmost concern and responsibility and will guide all our decisions as we move forward,” Dean Chris Nesmith said. “Numerous details need to be addressed. As with everything related to this current health crisis, much will depend on developing conditions. We are all hopeful the spread of COVID-19 will diminish, and conditions will improve. However, we are planning for the opposite and will continue to make all preparations to provide as safe a working and learning environment as possible this fall.”
USC Salkehatchie is working in concert with the university, multiple government agencies, and public health experts to determine best practices for the safest and most effective route forward. The task force will develop criteria and ensure these criteria are all met before students, faculty and staff return to campus.
USC Salkehatchie’s planned reopening will take place in 4 phases:
Phase 1: June 1 - June 21
- Campus will remain closed with admission and financial aid staff available remotely.
- ONLY essential staff will be allowed on campus--facilities and maintenance, etc.
- Non-essential employees will continue to work remotely.
Phase II: June 22 - July 13
- Most employees will continue to work remotely, if feasible.
- The campus will likely remain closed to visitors.
Phase III: July 14 - Aug. 3
- More staff and administration may be brought back to campus as needed with safety and health being the primary considerations.
- Campus possibly open to students and visitors with protocols in place.
Phase IV: Aug. 4
- Campus reopens with new social distancing protocols in force throughout the fall semester.
Although the USC Salkehatchie campus is currently closed, admissions and financial aid staff are available by email Monday through Friday to assist students who need to enroll or complete financial aid requirements. Summer classes are currently available for students to take online. Information and resources can be found uscsalkehatchie.sc.edu.
You can email them at the email addresses below: