- Our social psychology graduate program is ranked No. 4 in the U.S.
- Four psychology faculty members have been named Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, a prestigious and highly competitive honor.
- Our statistics faculty participate in more than $10 million in collaborative research, and our statistics
students authored 35 papers with faculty members between 2013 and 2017.
- The Department of Political Science is ranked in the top 100 schools for political science in the nation, according to
- Our Air Force ROTC detachment has been named best detachment in AFROTC twice since 2015.
- According to a National Research Council report, our geography department ranks among the nation's best graduate programs, and is the only program in South
Carolina to offer to offer bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees in geography.
- Our psychology department received a $1 million grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to develop new quantitative methods relevant to health-related outcomes.
- Eighteen chemistry and biochemistry faculty members have received South Carolina Governor's Awards in science since its inception in 1985.
- Our Comparative Literature Program is ranked one of the top ten in the country.
- The College of Arts and Sciences ranks fifth in the nation for granting the most bachelor's
degrees in Russian.
- Our theatre program is one of only 189 nationally recognized programs accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre.
- Arts and Sciences faculty have received 15 internal faculty awards in the most recent award year, and more than any other college since the awards began.
- Three Arts and Sciences students were named 2019 Goldwater Scholars.
Unless otherwise noted, rankings are from the most recent U.S. News & World Report rankings release.